CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 19, 2007

Welcome to Chicken Scratch & Quilting in KY


HELLO and WELCOME! This is my first ever blog so please forgive me if I don't have something right. First off-thanks to Karenquiltstexas at http://www.karenquiltslife.blogspot.com/ for introducing me to this. Basically, my grandmother is a very talented and experienced quilter. She began doing chicken scratch quilts a few years back and they are so beautiful they will take your breath away with the detail when you see them in person. I am the technical person behind her wanting to sell some chicken scratch quilt squares on eBay. So basically she creates your cherished heirloom, and I handle the emailing, contacting, selling, and packaging. We wanted to create this blog so that we would have a place to showcase her wonderful work as the products we sell are one-of-a-kind and to your specifications, so we make it just for you and list it for you as a BUY IT NOW. I'll list other blogs later with more details and so on. I don't know if this thing will give you guys my email addie or not but just in case conleys_2006@hotmail.com if you have any questions or want to request pictures or place an order. Please check back often as I will be continually adding more stuff, such as pics and order details (like our pricing details and all that stuff). Anyways-have a Happy Thanksgiving and God Bless. Thanks for visiting and feel free to leave me a blog as that will make my day! :o)


LeAndra
















**Please note: This is NOT an offer to sell anything off of eBay. We are simplyoffering services to make a one-of-a-kind product just for you. Please send an email to conleys_2006@hotmail.com or contact me through eBay with any questions. We do not have a set price per square. Price depends upon the pattern and color of gingham you chose, as some fabric is more expensive and some patterns take a lot longer to make-Price will be discussed and agreed upon and after that, I will make a BUY IT NOW listing for you, which you can purchase. After you purchase, 1/2 of the money will be due up front-to purchase fabric and thread and to ensure that you intend to actually complete the transaction. Once your squares are completed, the rest of the money will be due. Once we receive the last 1/2 of the payment-PAYPAL ONLY (unless it has been discussed with me prior to listing) we will mail within 48 hours. All purchases will come with the measurements you will need foryour strips to turn your squares into a quilt, we just need to know what youintend to use your squares for (pillow, twin, full, queen, king, baby quilt,etc). We will also provide support for you if you have questions-a phone number will be provided to you in the shipment for your convenience. All sales will be final unless the product you receive is a completely different product that what was discussed and if you do have some kind of unforeseen problem with your product, just email and we will see what can be done. We are very reasonable and will do whatever it takes to make you happy. Please do not leave bad feedback without first contacting us to allow us to try to resolve your issue to satisfy you. We do recommend adding insurance to your shipment as we can't control what happens once your product is shipped. Please do not request squares and then back out right before I list, as we will have already purchased your fabric and probably began working on your squares. Also, please note, it does take time to make these squares. Different patterns make take more or less time. The time will vary per order, however this will be discussed before any product is listed and any money has been transferred. Please don't request a BUY IT NOW if you need it next week.

We are here to provide a high quality, one-of-a-kind, handmade product that will be cherished for many generations and that is what we will do.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! The detail is mind-blowing! I love the end results! I can't wait to get through Christmas and design a quilt that will use one or some of your squares! Thank you for sharing these pictures with us!
LisaB

Anonymous said...

I have a quilt that she has made and it is a double star ,queen size!! I truly love it!!!!I have had it for 2 years now and it still looks brand new!!

LeAndra said...

Hello-"Anonymous said...
I have a quilt that she has made and it is a double star ,queen size!! I truly love it!!!!I have had it for 2 years now and it still looks brand new!!

11/21/2007 11:39 AM"

If you view this blog again, could you please email me at conleys_2006@hotmail.com with some pictures of you quilt as I would be interested in putting them up on the sight (if you wouldn't mind) as I don't have any pics of any of her larger quilts (all I have is a baby quilt pic right now). And would you be willing to let me post your comments that you email to me? Thank You! LeAndra

Karen said...

Great Blog... I have seen this style of quiltwork in several books, and have seen patterns from Anne Adams and others - most from the 1950s. But have never heard them referred to as "Chicken Scratch"... a wonderful name! Would be interesting to know where that name came from! If you find out more about it, pleast post.
Keep posting those lovely quilts... and I'll bet they go fast! Good luck with your endeavor!
You know, you can just sell your items directly from your blog, using Paypal for payments and knock eBay out of that nasty 10% )or more!) commission fee!
May I put a link to your site on M
Y blog?
Happy Thanksgiving!
Karen Alexander
KarenQuiltsTexas on eBay
www.karenquiltslife.blogspot.com

LeAndra said...

Hello Karen! Yeah, I will put your site on my list of links as well. Would you mind putting mine on yours? Do you think people would buy outside of ebay? I hope that it picks up as these squares are gorgeous. Have you viewed the hoop on ebay? Have a great weekend! LeAndra